- 1 Important Government Scheme
- 2 1) ‘Bijli Bill Mafi Yojana 2018
- 3 2) Wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018
- 4 3) Muttathe Mulla scheme
- 5 4) One District One Product Scheme
- 6 5) New Central Sector scheme
- 7 6) Rythu Bima and Kanti Velugu
- 8 7) Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
- 9 8) Swachha Meva Jayate
- 10 9) Vikas Bonanza 456
- 11 10) Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestam
- 12 11) SAATHI
- 13 12) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 14 13) ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme
- 15 14) RUSA
Important Government Scheme
1) ‘Bijli Bill Mafi Yojana 2018
- The Madhya Pradesh government has announced an outstanding power bill waiver scheme for labourers and poor families.
- The state cabinet headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan approved the Bijli Bill Mafi Yojana 2018 (Power Bill Waiver Scheme) which is expected to benefit about 77 lakh people of the state.
2) Wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018
- The Gujarat government on Wednesday announced wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018, aiming to make optimum utilisation of the land and grid.
- The policy, which will have a coverage period of five years, provides encouragement to renewable power producers supplying to the grid as well as to those having captive use.
See more : Important Government Scheme in India-4
3) Muttathe Mulla scheme
- The State-level inauguration of the Muttathe Mulla scheme which involves the disbursement of loans at low rates of interests to rural households was performed by Cooperation Minister Kadakampally Surendran here on Tuesday.
- The programme was organised under the auspices of the Mannarkkad Rural Service Cooperative Bank and is being implemented in Palakkad district as a pilot project.
- The scheme is aimed at liberating women from the blade mafia and also micro-finance companies; the latter’s interest rates vary between 24 and 30 per cent.
4) One District One Product Scheme
- Union Minister for MSME, Mr. Giriraj Singh has announced to launch One District One Product Scheme in Odisha very soon. Under ODOP scheme, each district in Odisha is assigned a single product which is available in abundance and for which the place is famous.
- This is done to provide market link to the farmers and to make small industries successful in the state. Central govt. will publish the complete list of district wise products (pdf) and launches the website soon.
5) New Central Sector scheme
- Ministry of AYUSH has introduced new Central Sector scheme for promoting pharmacovigilance of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy (ASU&H) Drugs.
- Prime objective of the scheme is to develop the culture of documenting adverse effects and undertake safety monitoring of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and surveillance of misleading advertisements appearing in the print and electronic media.
- The Standing Finance Committee (SFC) chaired by Secretary (AYUSH) approved the scheme on 1st November, 2017 and thereafter it was rolled out for implementation in the country near the end of financial year 2017-18.
See More : Important Government Schemes in India-3
6) Rythu Bima and Kanti Velugu
- Rythu Beema, the life insurance scheme for farmers, has been kicked off in Telangana, with the Agriculture, Finance and Power Ministers organising meetings in different parts of the State to give away the policy bonds to the eligible farmers.
- Under the Kanti Velugu scheme, screenings will be conducted across the state, with 828 medical teams being constituted. Apart from screenings, they will also provide free medicines, spectacles and arrange for free surgeries, if required.
- Telangana anticipates that 4 lakh patients could come forward for surgeries and 40 lakh people will benefit from the free spectacles. The state has earmarked Rs 100 crore for this project.
- The Rythu Bima scheme promises to cover 28 lakh farmers, aged between 18 and 59 years. The government will pay the annual premium of Rs 2,271 per farmer for their insurance. So far, it has already paid Rs 636 crore to Life Insurance Corporation.
7) Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has launched an ambitious scheme which promises to provide Rs 54,100 from the birth of a girl child till she graduates.
- Kumar launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana’ here on Friday and expressed his government’s resolve for empowerment of women.
8) Swachha Meva Jayate
- Karnataka government on Thursday, August 2, launched ‘Swachha Meva Jayate’ campaign to make every citizen in rural Karnataka take a pledge of cleanliness.
- A special pledge to be administered across the state as part of the campaign, says, “When every village, every district of Karnataka is clean, practices hygienic toilet habits is free from stagnant water and litter free, Karnataka will win.
See More : Government Schemes In India-2
9) Vikas Bonanza 456
- KVGB, (Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank), a regional rural bank headquartered in Dharwad has introduced a new deposit scheme on Aug. 1 known as Vikas Bonanza 456.
- Launching the new deposit scheme in Dharwad, KVGB Chairman S Ravindran has said the scheme is of a term of 456 days with an interest rate of 7.10% for public and 7.60% for the senior citizens.
- Customers can deposit a minimum of Rs 10,000 and a maximum of Rs 10 million under this scheme.
10) Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestam
- The Govt of Andhra Pradesh has come up with an innovative scheme of Mukhyamantri Yuvanestham which will benefit around 12 lakh unemployed youth based on the eligibility criteria in Andhra Pradesh.
- Youths will get this monthly allowance to pursue skill development courses and reduce the burden on the family of unemployed youths.
- Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Power have joined hands under the initiative SAATHI(Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries) in order to sustain and accelerate the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in thepowerloom sector and cost savings due to use of such technology.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a Public Sector entityunder the administrative control of Ministry of Power, will replace old inefficient electric motors with energy efficient IE3 motors which will result in energy and cost saving up to 10-15% in the first phase.
- The use of these efficient equipments will result in energy savings and cost savings to the unit owners at no upfront cost. Powerloom clusters at Ichalkaranji, Bhiwandi, Erode, Surat, Bhilwara and Panipat have been identified for pilot study.
12) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Under the scheme, five crore LPG connections are to be provided to BPL households.
- The identification of eligible BPL families will be made in consultation with the State Governments and the Union Territories.
- The Government has also decided to cover the following categories under the Scheme :-
- All SC/STs households beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY) (Gramin)
- Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Forest dwellers
- Most Backward Classes (MBC)
- Tea & Ex-Tea Garden Tribes
- People residing in Islands
- People residing in river islands.
- The Scheme would be implemented over three years, namely, the FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 across the country.
13) ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme
- The Union Government has approved 122 new research project proposals worth Rs 112 crore for funding under its Impacting Research Innovation and Technology ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme.
- The proposals were approved on August 4, 2018 at the IMPRINT 2 Apex Committee meeting held in New Delhi. The initiative aims to advance research in energy, healthcare, security and defence domains in the high education institutions.
- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), launched in 2013 aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions.
- The central funding (in the ratio of 60:40 for general category States, 90:10 for special category states and 100% for union territories) would be norm based and outcome dependent.
See More : Government Schemes in India -1