- 1 UPSC ( CSE ) 2019 Notification Out
- 1.1 Important Dates
- 1.2 Number of Vacancies
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 Exam pattern:
- 1.5 Previous Year Cut off:
- 1.6 Steps to fill the UPSC IAS Application Form 2019:
- 1.7 Download the official notification PDF: Click Here
UPSC ( CSE ) 2019 Notification Out
- Union Public Service Commission has released the Civil Service Examination (CSE) notification on its official website. As per the expectations, there has been no change in the pattern of the examination. The Prelims exam will be conducted on 2 June 2019 on various centres across India.
|Online application commences
|Last date for application||18.03.2019 (6 PM)|
|UPSC CSE (IAS) Exam Date (Prelims)||02.06.2019 (Sunday)|
|Download Link Activation of UPSC Admit Card||15 days prior to the exam|
|UPSC CSE (IAS) Prelims Exam Result Date||After 45 days of the exam|
|UPSC CSE (IAS) Exam Date (Mains)||20.09.2019|
Number of Vacancies
|Persons with Benchmark Disability Category||39|
- Citizen of India Or Should be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan etc.
(b) Educational Qualification:
- Graduation degree Or Candidates those who are pursuing graduation and are waiting for their final results can also apply. (The result should be declared before filling the application for the mains exam.)
(c) Age Limit (on 1st of August, 2019):
|Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|General||21 year||32 year|
|OBC||21 year||35 year|
|SC/ST||21 year||37 year|
Number of Attempts (Category Wise):
|Maximum No. of Attempts|
- Examination Fee- Rs. 100/-
- There is no fee for SC/ST and Female Candidates.
Stage 1: Preliminary Examinations
- Stage 2: Mains Examination
- Stage 3: Interview
There are two written papers in the CSE Preliminary examination:
|Name of Paper||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Studies- Paper-I (will be counted for the merit list)||100||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|CSAT- Paper–II (only qualifying in nature, 33% marks required)||80||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper||Name of Paper||Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Compulsory Indian Language (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the languages included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution)||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|Paper – B||Compulsory English||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|Paper – I||Essay||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – II||General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – III||General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – IV||General Studies– III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security
and Disaster Management)
|3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – V||General Studies– IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – VI||Optional Paper– I (Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Personality Test/Interview||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
Note: Paper A & B is Qualifying in Nature (25% i.e. 75 marks required). Whereas marks of Paper I to VII will be counted to determine the final order of merit.
Previous Year Cut off:
For CSE 2017
Steps to fill the UPSC IAS Application Form 2019:
Step 1: – Visit the official website of UPSC i.e.
- Step 2: – Go to the Civil Services Examination (CSE) section.
Step 3: – Click on “Apply” Button to start your application process Part -1. After completing Part -1, you will receive registration number which is required to fill Part-2.
Step 4: – Fill all the required details (Including Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Educational Qualification etc.) and upload your latest photo and signature.
Step 5: – Check your application preview and “Submit” to complete your registration.