Civil Engineering Conventional and Objective type by R.S.Khurmi and J.K.Gupta PDF FREE DOWNLOAD
Civil Engineering Objective Type Questions And Answers by R.S. Khurmi
- Civil Engineering Conventional and Objective type by R.S. Khurmi and J.K. Gupta needs no introduction in the field of Civil Engineering as it is well known, popular and famous.
- The Book is best for the students of U.P.S.C. (Engg. Services); I.A.S. (Engg. Group); B.Sc. Engg.; Diploma and other competitive courses.
- The book has 16 wide range of sections in which all the details are given at the start of each chapter with MCQs at the end.
- Dealing with all the varied aspect of Civil Engineering, this comprehensive has is suited for students as well as those aspirants who are aiming to crack the competition at state or union civil services examinations with civil engineering as an optioinal subject taken up.
- J K Gupta and R S Khurmi, authors of the book, engineering by education have put a lot of there teaching experience to bring out this conventional and objective type responsive book on the subject.
- The important topics that are in the book are mechanics, applied mechanics, hydraulics and fluids mechanics, strength of materials, hydraulic machines, soil mechanics and foundations, building material irrigation, concrete technology, building construction, public health engineering and engineering geology.
- The topics covered include all the course material for under-graduated courses as well as that for objective type multiple choice questions also.
- It consists of concise conventional theory of each subject and further each concept and theoretical topics are framed into nearly 200 objective type questions.
- With all that detailed description of various topics, practice tests and solved/unsolved questions, the book is a must have for all engineering students.
- It can help the readers in clearing their concepts, as well as preparing SSC or other junior engineering examination.
Content of Book
- 1. Engineering Mechanics
- 2. Strength of Materials
- 3. Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics
- 4. Hydraulic Machines
- 5. Surveying
- 6. Building Materials
- 7. Irrigation Engineering
- 8. Public Health Engineering
- 9. Highway Engineering
- 10. Railway Engineering
- 11. Soil Mechanics and Foundations
- 12. Building Construction
- 13. Concrete Technology
- 14. Reinforced Cement Concrete Structures
- 15. Steel Structures Design
- 16. Construction Management
- R.S Khurmi: He was born on 29 Aug 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He completed his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi.
- He started his career in Punjab Irrigation Department as an Engineer. After guidance from Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Dr. Khurmi came to Delhi and took up Teaching and Writing Engineering Text Books as a full time career.
- He had a great respect for his Guru Shri B.L. Theraja, who introduced him to S. Chand and Company.
- His books got a good market, not only in India but also abroad. According to the survey of UNESCO, he is the leading and No. 1 author of Engineering textbooks in Asia.
- He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in teaching profession always referred that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing Engineering Text Books. He was one of the founder members in Executive Committee of Afro-Asia Book Council.