- 1 Current Affairs 10 June , 2019
- 1.0.1 1. Rafael Nadal wins the 2019 French Open title
- 1.0.2 2. Ashleigh Barty wins 2019 French Open women’s singles crown
- 1.0.3 3. Indian archers bag four berths for Tokyo Paralympics
- 1.0.4 4. Hamilton wins 7th Canadian GP after Vettel penalty
- 1.0.5 5. Noted actor, dramatist Girish Karnad passed away
- 1.0.6 6. RBI issues new guidelines for resolution of bad loans
- 1.0.7 7. Piyush Goyal leads Indian delegation to G20 Ministerial meeting in Japan
- 1.0.8 8. PM Modi gets Maldives’ Highest Honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen”
- 1.0.9 9. Automobile Major Mahindra wins Gold Award in South Africa
- 1.0.10 10. The main event of International Yoga Day celebrations to be held in Ranchi
- 1.0.11 Share this:
Current Affairs 10 June , 2019
1. Rafael Nadal wins the 2019 French Open title
- Spain’s Rafael Nadal (33-year) has lifted his 12th French Open Men’s Singles title.
- He defeated fourth seed Austrian Dominic Thiem 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 for the third straight year.
- With this, Nadal became the first player to win 12 Singles titles at the same Grand Slam and won 18 majors overall.
- Now, Nadal is just two titles behind Roger Federer’s all-time record of 20 majors.
- The French Open officially called ‘Roland-Garros’ is a major tennis tournament held at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris, France.
- The venue is named after the French aviator Roland Garros.
- It is the second of four annual Grand Slam tournaments the other three being the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
2. Ashleigh Barty wins 2019 French Open women’s singles crown
- Australian Ashleigh Barty (23-years) has beaten Marketa Vondrousova in the French Open final to win her first Grand Slam singles title.
- Ashleigh Barty won 6-1 6-3 against Czech teenager Vondrousova on the Paris clay.
- Now she is the first Australian to win a singles titles at Roland Garros since Margaret Court in 1973.
- The total prize money for the 2019 edition is €42,661,000, an increase of 8% over 2018.
- The winners of the men’s (€2,300,000,) and women’s (€2,300,000,) singles title receive.
|French Open||Men’s singles champion||Women’s singles champion|
|2019||Rafael Nadal (Spain)||Ashleigh Barty (Australia)|
|2018||Rafael Nadal (Spain)||Simona Halep (Romania)|
3. Indian archers bag four berths for Tokyo Paralympics
- Indian archers secured two quota places each in the recurve and compound sections for next year’s Tokyo Paralympics after dishing out superb performances at the World Para Championships in the Netherlands.
- Punjabi University’s Harvinder Singh and Uttar Pradesh’s Vivek Chhikara finished joint ninth to bag the two available berths in the recurve men’s open section.
- In the compound men’s open category, Jammu’s Rakesh Kumar was first to qualify after making the bronze play.
- He was later joined by Rajasthan’s Shyam Sundar Swami after his joint ninth finish.
4. Hamilton wins 7th Canadian GP after Vettel penalty
- Lewis Hamilton secured a record-breaking seventh win at the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix.
- Sebastian Vettel was penalised for dangerous driving.
- During the race, both Vettel and Hamilton were engaged in a head-to-head battle when the former ran across the grass accidentally, in the process squeezing the Britsh driver when he re-joined the track.
- The incident led to the stewards awarding a five-second race time penalty to the German driver.
- Ferrari will appeal against the decision over the five-second penalty given to Vettel which cost him the race.
|1.||Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)||1:29:07.084|
|2.||Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)||+3.658s|
|3.||Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)||+4.696s|
5. Noted actor, dramatist Girish Karnad passed away
- Noted actor, dramatist and Jnanpith awardee Girish Karnad (81-years) passed away in Bengaluru due to multi-organ failure.
- Coming to fame as Kannada playwright in the 1960s, he went on to become a critically acclaimed actor and filmmaker during the later years.
- Besides the Jnanpith award, Karnad was also conferred the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan.
- Vamsha Vruksha, Ek Tha Tiger, Nagamandala and Malgudi Days are some of the movies and TV serials in which he played a role and Odakalu bimba, Taledanda and the fire and the rain are some of the plays written by him.
6. RBI issues new guidelines for resolution of bad loans
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a new framework for resolution of bad loans, offering a 30-day gap for stress recognition instead of the one-day default earlier.
- According to RBI, Lenders will have complete discretion with regard to the design and implementation of resolution plans, subject to the specified timeline and independent credit evaluation.
- Lenders may recognise incipient stress in loan accounts, immediately on default, by classifying such assets as special mention accounts (SMA).
- In case a borrower is reported to be in default, the lenders should undertake a prima facie review of the account within 30 days from the day of default.
- If multiple lenders are involved, then RBI has said that all the lenders must enter into an inter-creditor agreement during the review period, to provide for ground rules for finalisation and implementation of the resolution plan.
- These norms come about two months after the Supreme Court held the February 12, 2018 RBI circular on Resolution of Stressed Assets as ultra vires.
7. Piyush Goyal leads Indian delegation to G20 Ministerial meeting in Japan
The Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal is leading the Indian delegation for the two-day G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy beginning at Tsukuba city in Japan.
- Mr Goyal will discuss developments in the global trade situation, WTO matters and digital trade.
- He will also hold dialogue with other participating Trade Ministers on current international trade and investments.
- The G-20 Trade Ministers deliberations will form part of the G-20 Summit Leaders agenda in the formal discussions and will also be a part of the Summit Declaration.
- Mr.Goyal will hold bilateral meetings on the sidelines of G20 to sensitize India’s core interests in trade and investment issues and build a coalition with like-minded countries for defending the interests of developing countries.
- Over 50 Trade and Digital Economy Ministers will get together for the first time in G20 history in Tsukuba,
- They discussed how G20 economies can promote trade and investment and maximize benefits from the development of the digital economy.
8. PM Modi gets Maldives’ Highest Honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the Maldives’ highest honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” during his two-day state visit to the country.
- The prestigious award was presented to PM Modi by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih during a ceremony in Male.
- The Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” is the Maldives’ highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries.
- “Order of Nishan Izzuddeen” in the past has been conferred by Maldives to Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, former President of South Korea, Chun Doo Hwan, former Secretary General of the Commonwealth Shridath Surendranath Ramphal, and Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia.
9. Automobile Major Mahindra wins Gold Award in South Africa
India’s Automobile major ‘Mahindra’ has won the Gold Award in South Africa for fairing on various indicators, including level of satisfaction among its network of dealers and the manner of allocation of vehicles to them.
- Mahindra has received the award from the country’s National Automobile Dealers’ Association (NADA) which tests dealers’ satisfaction with the way a brand supports and communicates with them.
- The automobile giant, which has more than 60 dealers in South Africa (for the past 16 years), secured the top position out of the 29 vehicle brands surveyed for the awards.
10. The main event of International Yoga Day celebrations to be held in Ranchi
The main event of International Day of Yoga 2019 celebrations will be held at Prabhat Tara in Ranchi (Jharkhand) on 21st June 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the main function.
- Jharkhand government has planned to celebrate the day in a grand manner by organising a week-long programme starting June 15.
- From 15th June, a week-long event will start with ‘Run for Yoga’, that would culminate on 21st June International Yoga Day.
- About 35 thousand people will take part in Yoga Day event along with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Ranchi, in the open air.
- This year International Yoga Day of 21st June of Ranchi would be eco-friendly and hence Khadi Yoga Mat would be used, in place of the usual rubber mat.