Current affires March 26 ,2019
- 1 Current affires March 26 ,2019
- 1.0.1 1. Kenyan teacher Peter Tabichi wins Global Teacher Prize 2019
- 1.0.2 2. Lalit Kala Academy announces the 60th National Academy Awards winners
- 1.0.3 Lalit Kala Academy (LKA) has announced 15 winners of the 60th Annual Academy Awards.
- 1.0.4 3. Noted Folk Artiste Anasuya Deviq passes away
- 1.0.5 4. Bangladeshi singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah passes away
- 1.0.6 5. Government notifies Drugs and Clinical Trials Rules 2019
- 1.0.7 6. President Kovind to hold talks with his Croatian counterpart today
- 1.0.8 7. Navy’s nuclear, biological, chemical training facility launched
- 1.0.9 8. Vice President to attend 16th Convocation of IGIDR in Mumbai today
- 1.0.10 9. RBI appoints a five-member committee to deepen digital payments
- 1.0.11 10. Naresh & Anita Goyal step down from Jet Airways Board
- 1.0.12 11. Govindaraj re-elected BFI president
- 1.0.13 12. India Open badminton tournament begins at IGI Stadium New Delhi
- 1.0.14 Share this:
Current affires March 26 ,2019
1. Kenyan teacher Peter Tabichi wins Global Teacher Prize 2019
- Kenyan teacher Peter Tabichi (36-years) has won the Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2019 during a ceremony in Dubai, presented by the Hollywood actor, Hugh Jackman.
- Mr. Tabichi is a maths & physics teacher at Keriko Secondary School in Pwani Village, in a remote part of Kenya’s Rift Valley.
- He donates most of his salary (80% of his monthly income) to help poorer students.
- He has been crowned with the world’s best teacher award and awarded a USD 1m prize.
- Last year’s prize went to an art teacher from north London, Andria Zafirakou.
2. Lalit Kala Academy announces the 60th National Academy Awards winners
Lalit Kala Academy (LKA) has announced 15 winners of the 60th Annual Academy Awards.
- All the awardees will be honoured with a plaque, a shawl and prize money of Rs 1 lakh at the 60th National Exhibition of Art at the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) and Sir JJ School of Art.
- The winners will also display theirartworks at the exhibition.
- The awardees are Chandan Kumar Samal (Odisha), Gouri Vemula (Telangana), Hemant Rao (Madhya Pradesh), Hiren Kumar Chotu Bhai Patel (Gujarat), Jaya Jena (Odisha), Jayesh K.K (Kerala), Jitendra Suresh Sutar (Maharashtra), Douglas Maryan John (Maharashtra), Pratap Chandra Chakraborty (West Bengal), Rashmi Singh (Uttar Pradesh), Sachin Kashinath Chaudhari (Maharashtra), Sunil Kumar Viswakarma (Uttar Pradesh), Tabassum Khan (Bihar), Vasudeo Taranath Kamath (Maharashtra) and Veenita Sadguru Chendvankar (Goa).
- The Lalit Kala Akademi is India’s national academy of fine arts based in Delhi and established in 1954 by Government of India to promote and propagate an understanding of Indian art, in and outside the country
- LKA provides scholarships, fellow program, and sponsors and organizes exhibitions in India and overseas
3. Noted Folk Artiste Anasuya Deviq passes away
- Kala Prapoorna awardee Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi (99-years) passed away due to illness at Houston, USA.
- She was an eminent folk artist, radio commentator, harmonium player, music composer and an author.
- In 2018, her two books, Bava Geetalu, a compilation of Folk Songs was released.
- She was also an awardee of the Life Time Achievement Award in America and ‘Queen of Folk’ award in Paris.
- She originally hailed from Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
4. Bangladeshi singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah passes away
- Renowned South Asian singer, Shahnaz Rahmatullah (67-years) passed away after suffering a heart attack in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Her professional experience began at the age of 11, as a playback singer of Notun Shur (1963), and appeared on television from 1964.
- She was awarded the National Film Awards (best female singer) in 1990 and Ekushey Padak(in 1992).
5. Government notifies Drugs and Clinical Trials Rules 2019
- The Union Health & Family Welfare Ministry has notified the Drugs and Clinical Trials Rules, 2019 to promote clinical research in the country.
- The new rules will change the regulatory landscape for the approval of new drugs and conduct of clinical trials in the country.
- These rules will apply to all new drugs, investigational new drugs for human use, clinical trial, bioequivalence study and Ethics Committee.
- It has reduced the time for approving applications to 30 days for drugs manufactured in India and 90 days for those developed outside the country.
- The requirement of a local clinical trial may be waived for approval of a new drug if it is approved and marketed in any of the countries to be specified by the Drugs Controller General with the approval of the government.
- The ethics committee will monitor the trials and decide on the amount of compensation in cases of adverse events.
6. President Kovind to hold talks with his Croatian counterpart today
Today, President Ram Nath Kovindwill hold talks with his Croatian (former Yugoslavia) counterpart in Zagreb (It’s capital) to strengthen ties in key sectors such as trade, investment and renewable energy.
- President Ram Nath Kovind is the first Indian President to visit Croatia.
- Several agreements will be followed by talks during his three-day visit.
- The President will also participate in the India-Croatia Economic Forum meeting.
- Croatia is a country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe, on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
- It borders Hungary to the northeast, Serbia to the east, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro to the southeast and Slovenia to the northwest.
- Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba has inaugurated the Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) at INS Shivaji in Lonavala.
- It will help train personnel of naval ships fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical detection and protection systems.
- The facility will provide realistic training to naval personnel in detection, protection against and decontamination of nuclear, biological and chemical agents.
- Mr. Lanba released the platinum jubilee logo, with the theme “Propelling the Indian Navy since 1945”, for the premier technical training establishment.
8. Vice President to attend 16th Convocation of IGIDR in Mumbai today
Today, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will attend the 16th Convocation of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research(IGIDR) in Mumbai.
- The Institute focuses on research on developmental issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai is an autonomous advanced research institution established by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in 1987, on its golden jubilee.
- The Governor of RBI is also the chairman of this institute.
9. RBI appoints a five-member committee to deepen digital payments
According to RBI Governor Mr. Shaktikanta Das, The Reserve bank of India (RBI) has appointed a 5-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to further deepen digital payments and enhance financial inclusion through Fintech.
- The RBI has requested the committee to give recommendations in 3 months in this regard.
- Mr. Das was speaking at the inaugural event of Financial Technology (Fintech) Conclave being organized by NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
- The objective of the conclave is to shape India’s continued ascendancy in FinTech, build the narrative for future strategy and policy efforts, and to deliberate steps for comprehensive financial inclusion.
- Financial technology, often shortened to Fintech, is computer programs and a new technology innovation that aims to compet with traditional financial methods in the delivery of financial services.
10. Naresh & Anita Goyal step down from Jet Airways Board
Jet Airways founders Naresh Goyaland his wife Anita Goyal have stepped down from the board of the cash-strapped airline.
- The board has accepted their resignations.
- The board also approved the issue of 11.4 crore equity shares to the lenders upon conversion of Re 1 of the outstanding debt.
- The board also approved the constitution of an Interim Management Committee to manage and monitor the daily operations and cash flow of the company.
- Lenders will infuse up to Rs 1,500 crore via debt instruments.
- Jet Airways is a major Indian international airline based in Mumbai.
- Naresh Goyal and his wife Anita Goyal had founded Jet Airways in 1993.
11. Govindaraj re-elected BFI president
K. Govindaraj has been unanimously re-elected as the President of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) at its annual general-body meeting.
- A new six-team women’s league would be held inside the next three months.
- Mr. Govindaraj has declared to give its proposal in the next 45 days and intend to have a zone-wise competition before the final round.
- Basketball Federation of India (BFI) is the governing and controlling body of Basketball in India.
- It is responsible for the development and promotion of the sport at all levels.
12. India Open badminton tournament begins at IGI Stadium New Delhi
- Today, PV Sindhu will play against compatriot Mugdha Agrey at the 2019 India Open Super 500 Badminton tournament starting in New Delhi (from 26th – 31st March 2019).
- The total prize money for this tournament is USD 350,000.
- This marque tournament was previously held at the Siri Fort Sports Complex for the last seven years.
- The 2019 India Open is a badminton tournament (eight- edition) which will take place at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium New Delhi in India.
- This tournament is organized by the Badminton Association of India with sanction from the BWF.
- Winner 2018 Men’s Singles: Shi Yuqi(China)
- Winner 2018 Women’s Singles:Zhang Beiwen (United States).