Different list of Disease and their Agent
* Disease caused by Viruses *
- Chickenpox – It is caused by Varicella-zoster virus.
- Small Pox – It is caused by the Variola virus.
- Common Cold -It is caused by Rhinovirus.
- AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) – It is caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- Measles -It is caused by the Measles virus.
- Mumps -It is caused by Mumps virus.
- Rabies – It is caused by the Rabies virus (Rhabdoviridae family).
- Dengue fever -It is caused by the Dengue virus.
- Viral encephalitis – It is an inflammation of the brain. It is caused by the rabies virus, Herpes simplex, poliovirus, measles virus, and JC virus.
*Disease caused by Bacteria*
- Whooping Cough – It is caused by a bacterium called Bordetella pertussis.
- Diphtheria – It is caused by Corynebacterium diphtheria.
- Cholera – It is caused by Vibrio cholera.
- Leprosy – It is caused by Mycobacterium leprae.
- Pneumonia– It is caused by Streptococcus pneumonia.
- Tetanus – It is caused by Clostridium tetani.
- Typhoid – It is caused by Salmonella typhi.
- Tuberculosis – It is caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Plague – It is caused by Yersinia pestis.
*Disease Caused by Protozoans*
- Malaria: It is spread by Anopheles mosquitoes. The Plasmodium parasite that causes malaria is neither a virus nor a bacteria
- Amoebic dysentery: It is caused by Entamoebahistolytica.
- Sleeping sickness: It is caused by Trypanosomabrucei.
*Disease Caused by Worms*
- Tapeworm: They are intestinal parasites. It cannot live on its own. It survives within the intestine of an animal including a human.
- Filariasis: It is caused by a thread.
- Pinworm: It is caused by a small, thin, white roundworm called Enterobiusvermicularis.