Economic Survey of India 2018 PDF Download
Economic Survey of India 2018
- The annual Economic Survey was tabled in Parliament on Monday (29 Jan 2018) by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The survey has been prepared by chief economic adviser Arvind Subramanian. The Economic survey is an account of the performance of India’s economy during the ongoing financial year, while also providing projections for the upcoming financial year 2018-19.
- The Economic Survey 2018 has estimated that the Indian economy will grow by 7-7.5% in 2018-19, thereby re-instating India as the world’s fastest-growing major economy.
- Notably, this is the first economic survey after two big-ticket economic reforms–Goods and Services Tax, and demonetisation
- The budget session will reconvene on March 5 and then conclude on April 6.
List of chapters: Economic Survey 2017-18
- State of the Economy: An Analytical Overview and Outlook for Policy
- A New, Exciting Bird’s-Eye View of the Indian Economy Through the GST
- Investment and Saving Slowdowns and Recoveries: Cross-Country Insights for India
- Reconciling Fiscal Federalism and Accountability: Is there a Low Equilibrium Trap
- Is there a “Late Converger Stall” in Economic Development? Can India Escape it?
- Climate, Climate Change, and Agriculture
- Gender and Son Meta-Preference: Is Development Itself an Antidote
- Transforming Science and Technology in India
- Ease of Doing Business’ Next Frontier: Timely Justice
- An Overview of India’s Economic Performance in 2017-18
- Review of Fiscal Developments
- Monetary Management and Financial Intermediation
- Prices and Inflation
- Sustainable Development, Energy and Climate Change
- External Sector
- Agriculture and Food Management
- Industry and Infrastructure
- Services Sector
- Social Infrastructure, Employment and Human Development