Electrical Objective Machinery by P S Bhimbra
- Each chapter starts with basic elementary concepts and is presented in a simple and understandable manner. It also covers transformers, D.C. Machines and 3-phase synchronous and induction machines.
- The book also tells us that all electrical machines work on fundamental principles. There is a detailed separate chapter on electromechanical-energy-conversion principles and D.C. /A.C. The book also talks about power diodes, power transistors, thyristors and other related topics.
- The book has an adequate number of unanswered problems with solutions and theoretical questions to check the student’s understanding of the topics covered. Electrical Machinery will serve as a course book during their educational career and as a reference book throughout their professional career.
- P. S Bimbhra is a retired professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- He is a Punjab Engineering College graduate, he went on to pursue his M.E (Hons) and Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. He has authored two other books, Power Electronics and Generalized Theory of Electrical Machines.