Important Government Schemes in India-3
- 1 Government Schemes in India-3
- 1.1 1) Nayi Manzil Scheme: All You Need To Know
- 1.2 2) Shyam Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission: Key Points
- 1.3 3) INSPIRE: Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research Program
- 1.4 4) Vidyanjali Scheme: School Volunteer Program: Key Points
- 1.5 5) SWAYAM Scheme: Important Things to Know
- 1.6 6) E-Paathshala: Service To Higher Education Institute: Key Points
- 1.7 7) Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana: Important points to Know
- 1.8 8) Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan yojana-Key Points
Government Schemes in India-3
1) Nayi Manzil Scheme: All You Need To Know
Launched in: Jammu and Kashmir initially and then all over India
Launched by: Minister for Minority Affairs
- Focuses on school dropouts in minorities and help them complete their school education and to provide employment opportunities and to provide non-residential training
- The scheme is implemented by the ministry of minority affairs and the fund is managed by the Government of India and World Bank has given $50 million.
- The scheme will cover all the sectors and create employment in the youth and extend loans to the minority community by motivating and helps to cover livelihood needs.
- It will cover the age group between 17 to 35 and the one who is dropouts from the school or madrasa students and 30% of the seats are vacant for the minority girls.
- It will last long for 9 to 12 months and also provide bridge courses to get 10th and 12th certification in distant mode and give benefit to the 3 lakhs.
- It will cover the main four sectors that are Engineering, Manufacturing, Soft skills and Services
2) Shyam Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission: Key Points
Launched at: Rajnandgaon district of Chattisgarh
Launched by: Prime minister of India
- Overall social, infrastructure and economic development of villages and to make 300 villages smart until the financial year 2020.
- This scheme is a successor of Provision of Urban amenities in Rural Areas (PURA) model envisioned by our Late President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and planning is to develop villages on cluster based approach and it is formed on demography base.
- It will include activities like skill development and economic development
- The scheme is promoted jointly by the state governments and fund is managed by the various government schemes and public-private partnership mode.
- Components of the scheme are Cluster based Skill Development, Digital literacy ,Skill training linked to employment ,Inter-village road connectivity ,Mobile health units ,Infrastructure development ,LPG gas connections ,E-gram connectivity ,Electronic delivery of citizen-centric services ,Public transport ,Warehousing ,Agriculture services ,Agro-processing ,Storage ,Water supply provisions through pipes ,Sanitation ,Waste management – solid and liquid and Education facilities up gradation
3) INSPIRE: Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research Program
- To attract youth and talent to pursue and study science.
- To inspire and promote study, developing research and development activities in Science.
- To attract in the science field and to train the youth.
- The scheme is jointly handled by the Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- It will strengthen the Research and Development base of the children at an early age and develop a strong pool of human resource in science and technology field.
- This unique INSPIRE scheme aims to develop and skill students in science in an innovative manner.
- The students are given scholarships to pursue higher education in science through this scheme.
4) Vidyanjali Scheme: School Volunteer Program: Key Points
- Providing volunteer teachers to government-run schools
- Promoting the government education system through skill development
- The scheme is launched under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and in the initial phase it will cover 21 states and 2200 schools and the future plan is to cover all the government schools,
- It is managed by Ministry of HRD and Department of School Education and Literacy
- This scheme will add value addition to the teaching programme in schools by Music, writing, Public speaking, Creative skills and so on.
- Those who want to teach in schools as a volunteer can apply online at www.mygov.in under Vidyanjali scheme.
- Vidyanjali scheme is seen as an innovative measure to improve the quality of education in government schools.
See More : Government Schemes in India -1
5) SWAYAM Scheme: Important Things to Know
- To achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy – access, equity and quality.
- To take the best teaching-learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged.
- To join the gap for people who are still far from enjoying the fruits of digitization and those who have not joined the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- It is a massive open online course platform and provides self-actualization opportunity for lifelong learning.
- Hundreds of courses are offered and are offered by best teachers in India.
- All the courses are interactive and free of cost to the residents in India. More than 1,000 specially chosen faculty and teachers from across the Country have participated in preparing these courses.
- A student studying in a college can transfer the credits earned by taking these courses into their academic record. For example, if you are working or in school, SWAYAM presents a unique educational opportunity to expand the horizons of knowledge.
- Professors are from the central institutions like IITs, IIMs, central universities who will offer online courses to citizens of India.
- The courses will be covered in four parts that are Video lecture, specially prepared reading material, Self-assessment tests and online discussion forum
6) E-Paathshala: Service To Higher Education Institute: Key Points
- Raise the education standards to global level and Increase in student’s admission rate at high funding
- To check the services and functions of any higher educational institution like colleges and universities
- External body to check the services and functions of any higher educational institution like colleges and universities.
- ERP- Enterprise resource planning is management software to do all the functions of an organisation as a single integrated unit.
- It reports the gap and recommendations to improve the organisation to get a better grade for accreditation.
- It improves the efficiency and transparency of an institution. It reduces manual work and time.
- It has external quality Assurance team to do Academic Audit, Administrative Audit, Green Audit, Gender Audit and Academic roadmap with prospective plans.
- It also provides IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) help to IQAC workflow and document verification service for accreditation.
7) Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana: Important points to Know
Launched on: October 2016
- To lower the cost of healthcare items by providing high-quality medicines at affordable rate
- To create awareness and encourage public about the importance and usage of generic drug
- To make available all necessary and common drugs and the main target group is poor people.
- To make this Yojana successful, a government opened a Jan Aushadhi Store at Amritsar Civil Hospital.
- Under this Yojana, more than 700 drugs are included and 708 Jan Aushadhi Store is opened in 26 states with a maximum number of stores in Uttar Pradesh.
- An NGO, Cooperative society, Charitable Institutions, Private Hospitals and Self Help Groups can open Jan Aushadhi Stores by following the guidelines of the government and for this, a government will help of Rs 2 lakhs for establishment and 50000 for infrastructure support.
8) Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan yojana-Key Points
Launched on: 5th February 2017
Launched at: Sri Madhavdev International Auditorium of Srimantha Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati
Launched by: Chief Minister of Assam; Mr Sarbananda Sonowal
- To develop all villages of Assam state in the upcoming 5 years
- To make income of farmers double by the end of the financial year 2022
- This scheme will be implemented by “Saturation model” and this model will help by making easy direct economic activities, logistic support by market linkages and community support.
- To make this scheme successful, a village knowledge centre is going to set in each village by making collaboration with Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employee Guarantee scheme.
- A total budget of 5 years for this scheme is Rs 3000 crore and for the first year, it is 500 crore.
See More : Government Schemes In India-2