Strength of Materials Book by R K Bansal PDF Free Download
Strength of Materials Book by R K Bansal
- This edition has been thoroughly revised and made up-to-date. A large number of numerical problems from different B.E. degree examinations have been added with solution at proper places. At the end of each chapter, highlights, theoretical questions and many unsolved numerical problems with answers have been given for the students to practice them.
- Three advanced topics–stresses due to rotation in thin and thick cylinders, bending of curved bars and theories of failures of the materials have also been added.
- These chapters have been written in such a simple and easy-to-follow language that even an average student can understand them easily by self-study.
- A large number of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions, asked in the most of the competitive examinations, have been incorporated in this edition with answers and explanations to make this edition more useful for competitive examinations.
About the Author
- Prof. R. K Bansal was born on Jan. 1, 1943. He graduated in Mechanical Engineering in 1966. and joined Delhi College of Engineering in1967 as lecturer and rose to the post of professor in 1995.
Content of Book
- Simple Stresses & Strains
- Principal Stresses And Strains
- Centroid & Moment Of Inertia
- Bending Moment & Shearing Forces
- Bending Stresses In Beams
- Combined Direct & Bending Stresses
- Shearing Stresses
- Deflection Of Beams
- Fixed And Continuous Beams
- Thin Shells
- Thick Shells
- Riveted And Welded Joints
- Torsion Of Circulars & Non Circular Shafts
- Strain Energy & Deflection Due To Shear & Bending
- Columns& Struts
- Analysis Of Framed Structures `
- Theories Of Failure
- Stresses Due To Rotation
- Bending Of Curved Bars
- Unsymmetrical Bending & Shear